Who can open an Account for the minor? And where can it be opened?
Only the parents and/or legal guardians, two at most, can open a Minor Account. The Account opening must be done in person. You must go to one of our Branches and take with you:
For the minor:
- Identification Document, Tax Identification Number and Proof of address (that can be from one of the parents/legal representatives).
For the parents/legal guardians:
Valid Identification Documents (one of the following documents):
- Portuguese Identiﬁcation Document (the only document accepted to open an Account in the digital channels), Authorization of Residency in Portugal or Passport/National Identity Card (only accepted if you have nationality in the European Union, Schengen Zone or United Kingdom).
Valid Tax Identification Number (one of the following documents):
- Portuguese Identiﬁcation Document/Residence Permit/NIF Card/Tax Payer’s central registration.
Proof of address, with a validity of 12 months (one of the following documents):
National Address: Water/electricity/telecommunication/insurance bill, Bank statement, Finance Documents;
International Fiscal Address: Taxes liquidation issued by the ﬁscal authority of the country of residency or Document issued by the consulate.
Proof of employment situation, with a validity of 6 months:
- Employee: Pay slip or Work contract;
- Independent worker: "Green receipts", start/alteration of activity, Commercial Registry certiﬁcate or Company Registration;
- Student: Student ID, Enrolment proof or payment of tuition fees;
- Unemployed: Unemployment statement (Employment Center enrolment);
- Retired/Pensioner: Remuneration receipt or bank statement;
- Other situations: IRS Template 3 or bank statement.