How can we make it simpler?

Who can open an Account for the minor? And where can it be opened?

Only the parents and/or legal guardians, (2 at most) can open a Minor Account. The Account opening must be done in person. You must go to one of our Branches an take with you:

For the minor: Identification Document, Tax Identification Number and proof of address (that can be from one of the parents/legal representatives);

For the parents/legal guardians:

Identification Documents:

  • Identification Document (valid) - Portuguese Identification Document or Residency authorization or Passport or National Identity Card.
  • NIF (Tax Identification Number) (valid) - Portuguese Identification Document or NIF Card or Tax Payer’s central registration.

Proof of address (12 months):

National: Drivers License or Tax reimbursement statement or Water/electricity/gas bill

Abroad: Taxes liquidation issued by the fiscal authority of the country of residency or Document issued by the consulate.

Proof of employment situation (3 months validity):

  • Employee: Pay slip or Employment proof or Work contract.
  • Independent worker: "Green receipts"or Start of economic activity statement or Declaration from the Client supported by a card issued by the repective professional entity.
  • Self-employed: Commercial Registry certificate or Company Registration.
  • Unemployed: Unemployment statement (Employment Center enrolment) or Economic Situation Proof, issued by the Town Council for unemployed people that are not enroled in the Employment Center.
  • Student: Student ID or Enrolment proof or University attendance certificate .