You can hire Pétis for your pets since they are 4 weeks old, up until they are 8 years old.
You have a waiting period of 90 days for the Veterinary and Medical Assistance coverage in case of disease.The remaining coverages do not have any waiting periods and are ensured since the start date of the contract.
Pétis is exclusive for cats and dogs. To hire the insurance, animals must:
- Be proprly identified:
- Dogs: Identification Chip or License, that shows the name, gender, age, race, height, fur and distinguinshing marks;
- Cats: Vaccination bulletin, Identification card or License, that shows the name, gender, age, race, height, fur and distinguinshing marks;
- Be in good health, without any physical disability or wounds;
- Have an updated vacination bulletin;
- Not have a record of damages caused to third parties.
Any cat or dog can be ensured with Pétis. However, some reasons may prevent the immediate hiring and a previous analysis might be necessary. Namely if the animal:
- Is a potentially dangerous breed or descends of another animal with a potentially dangerous breed;
- Has health problems;
- Doesn’t have an updated vaccination bulletin;
- Has an injury or disability;
- Has a record of damages caused to third parties;
- Isn’t a property of the holder, of a minor descendant, of his partner or of someone who lives with the holder of the insurance in non-marital partnership.
The acceptance is prohibited if the animal is considered dangerous by the authorities.
It is considered potentially dangerous any animal that, due to his breed's characteristics, agressive behaviour, jaw size or strenght, can cause lesions or death to people or other animals. The following, or any breed crossing involving these, are considered dangerous:
- Brazillian Fila dog
- Argentine Dogo
- American Pit Bull Terrier
- American Staffordshire Terrier
- Staffordshire Bull Terrier;
- Tosa inu.