The internet is part of our day, so, it’s increasingly more important that we know how to identify the dangers and safekeep our details and personal information.
There is malicious software that compromises the safety of the computer, smartphone and user, after it’s installation.
This software can execute non authorized actions and can manipulate the presented pages. For example, they can modify the activobank.pt homepage changing the way the account’s access codes are requested.
The main goal of these actions is to request personal and confidential information.
For this reason, ActivoBank advices the use of a trustworthy antivirus and antispyware. It’s also important to be careful by keeping them updated and active.
Every time you detect suspicious activity or you need help, contact us through 210 030 700 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommendations to access the website
- Never access ActivoBank’s Website through links.
- Don’t trust any email supposedly sent by ActivoBank, requesting personal or private details (Access Code, Multichannel Code, phone number or other details). ActivoBank does not request this type of information to its Clients, through email or any other means.
- Do not access websites with private/sensitive information or that allow you to perform banking transactions, through links. Always enter the full website address on the browser bar.
- Always enter the full address www.activobank.pt.
- Any time you login, make sure the address begins with https://www.ind.activobank.pt/ and that at the end there is a lock.
- In case of doubt, confirm the digital certificate: double click the lock and verify if it belongs to ActivoBank.
- Choose unique Access Codes (User Code and Multichannel Code) and do not use them on other websites.
- Always use an alphanumeric (xpto1234) User Code, so it isn’t easily confused with your Multichannel Code.
- Change the Multichannel Code regularly in Settings > Profile.
- When you login to the Website you will be asked to enter your User Code and three random digits of your Multichannel Code (these will be the same until you login successfully). Anything requested besides this information (eg: complete Multichannel Code, 4 digits of the Multichannel Code, phone number or other details) should be considered a fraud attempt and you must report it to 210 030 700.
- For additional security, when you register or confirm some transactions on the Website, we might ask you for an Authorization Code that is sent through SMS to your phone. Never give to anyone the Authorization Codes received through SMS.
- Anytime you suspect that the Access Codes might be compromised change them immediately or request for them to be blocked through 210 030 700.
- Install the Applications to access the Bank through the official places: AppStore, Google Play Store or Huawei Store. Never do it using links provided by others or email.
- Set a PIN made up b four numbers, to access the App and don not use it on other Apps.
- Do not use an obvious PIN to access the App (1234,1111, year of birth, post code, among others).
- Change your PIN frequently: on the App > More > Settings > Change PIN.
- When you enter your PIN incorrectly 3 times, the App will be blocked. You can only unlbock it by entering a PUK code. The PUK is available to consult at www.activobank.pt, after you login, in Settings > Profile > Consult PUK App.
- For additional security on the App, when you register or confirm some transactions, we may request 3 random positions of your Multichannel Code. Anything requested besides this information (eg: complete Multichannel Code, 4 digits of the Multichannel Code, phone number or other details) should be considered a fraud attempt and you must report it to 210 030 700.
ActivoBank does not send emails or SMS with links and never requests personal and/or private details from its Clients.
Never give the codes received through SMS to others.
Read carefully all the content of the SMS’s received with the Authorization Code that identifies the details of the operation your registered.
Always remember that ActivoBank:
- Does NOT request the installation or update of software
- Does NOT send SMS with links
- Does NOT send emails with links
- Does NOT request the complete Multichannel Code (7 digits)
- Does NOT request the phone number
- Does NOT request the Taxpayer’s Number (NIF)
- Does NOT request, through phone or any other means, the Authorization Code sent though SMS
- Does NOT simulate transactions with Clients
The only information we request when you access ActivoBank is:
- User Code
- 3 random digits of your Multichannel Code
Notes: Some operations via Website can request an Authorization Code. This code is exclusive and valid only for the requested operation. The code is sent through SMS to your phone.
ActivoBank’s access Codes are personal and untransferable. Memorize them and do not register them in unsafe places.
For safety reasons, the Website and App include session limit times and will automatically cease if they are inactive after a period of time.
If you Identify any suspicious activity or you need help, contact us through +351 210 030 700 or send us an email at email@example.com.