Only the parents and/or legal guardians, two at most, can open a Minor Account. The Account opening must be done in person. You must go to one of our Branches and take with you:
For the minor:
- Identification Document, Tax Identification Number and Proof of address (that can be from one of the parents/legal representatives).
For the parents/legal guardians:
Valid Identification Documents (one of the following documents):
- Portuguese Identiﬁcation Document (the only document accepted to open an Account in the digital channels), Authorization of Residency in Portugal or Passport/National Identity Card (only accepted if you have nationality in the European Union, Schengen Zone or United Kingdom).
Valid Tax Identification Number (one of the following documents):
- Portuguese Identiﬁcation Document/Residence Permit/NIF Card/Tax Payer’s central registration.
Proof of address, with a validity of 12 months (one of the following documents):
National Address: Water/electricity/telecommunication/insurance bill, Bank statement, Finance Documents;
International Fiscal Address: Taxes liquidation issued by the ﬁscal authority of the country of residency or Document issued by the consulate.
Proof of employment situation, with a validity of 6 months:
- Employee: Pay slip or Work contract;
- Independent worker: "Green receipts", start/alteration of activity, Commercial Registry certiﬁcate or Company Registration;
- Student: Student ID, Enrolment proof or payment of tuition fees;
- Unemployed: Unemployment statement (Employment Center enrolment);
- Retired/Pensioner: Remuneration receipt or bank statement;
- Other situations: IRS Template 3 or bank statement.
There isn't a mandatory minimum value to be available. There is only a minimum initial deposit amount for the Account opening.
In case the parents/legal guardians are our Clients, they can consult and control the Account through the App or WebSite. If this isn't the case, they can only control it at an ActivoBank Branch.
You can receive Transfers and create Savings.
Yes. It is possible to include or exclude parents/legal guardians, in person at an ActivoBank Branch.